Have just passed your 10th? Do you wish to pursue commerce stream? If yes, then this(Courses after 12th commerce stream) is a must-read post. Commerce, Science and Arts/Humanities are the three top favourite streams in India. Ministry of Human Resources and Development had published a report in 2015-16. As per the report maximum 40% students had enrolled in Arts/Humanities followed by 16% Engineering and Technology and 14.1% Commerce stream. The Alumni of this stream includes some of the most influential personalities of the country. People from this community govern some of the most important institutions of the country. To name some -: National Financial Advisor, RBI, SBI etc. Well, there is a lot which can inspire to get started however let us first understand some basic knowledge of the field.
WHAT IS COMMERCE STREAM?
The world will come to a standstill if there will be lack of workforce understanding the intricacies of commerce.
It is everywhere. Commerce is about strategy, economics, and management and is rapidly creating opportunities for commerce students. Even though we live in an era of technology and innovations, our future is not entirely dependent on science. Commerce provides the workforce required to manage finances of not only big and small firms but also world and countries etc. This field not only has a lot of scopes but also provides ample opportunity for career growth.
We have enlisted below courses after 12th commerce:-
1. Bachelor of Commerce(BCOM) – courses after 12th commerce
B.COM is popular course among students and gives the good opportunity for not only further studies but also Jobs. It is not only a 3-year general degree course but also includes important subjects like Accountancy, Economics, Business Administration, Finance etc. This course enables students to take up core Finance related jobs, unlike BBA.
2. Chartered Accountancy(CA)- courses after 12th commerce
Chartered Accountancy is one of the toughest exams. There are different levels of difficulty. Students need to clear all levels of difficulty to achieve the tag of Chartered Accountant. This profession not only has a very high salary but also has a lot of reputation among all the professional courses. Below are the steps:-
-Register after 10th with Board of Studies for Comm. Proficiency Test,
– As soon as you complete 12 the standard appear for CPT,
– IPCC – this has two groups. After completion of the first group, one needs to join and complete 3 years of articleship
training. Post completion of articleship training you can complete your second group exams.
– CA Final Exam – this is the final step and post-completion you will be certified by ICAI.
We have written a detailed article dedicated to CA course read here.
3. Company Secretary(CS)- courses after 12th commerce
After 12th, students interested in law and theoretical can pursue this course as it is a professional course administered by The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) and is very similar to CA. Against the perception, this is not a clerical job. Company Secretary administers the compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements. One can start the course after 10+2. In this scenario, there are three steps:-
- a. Foundation Program
- b. Executive Program
- c. Professional Program
If a person has already graduated then in that scenario there are only two steps:-
- a. Executive Program
- b. Professional Program
Read detailed article on Company Secretary.
4. Bachelor of Business Administration(BBA)-
an undergraduate 3-year degree course. Students are trained in various aspects of Business Administration such as operations, finances, marketing, data processing, company policies. Below is the list of some of the best colleges offering BBA:-
- University of Delhi
- Christ University Bangalore
- Symbiosis University
- NMIMS Mumbai – the curriculum can be found here
Read this article for more details on this course.
5. Bachelor of Management Studies(BMS)
an undergraduate 3 yr. degree course. This course is somewhat is identical to BBA. The detailed curriculum can be found here
6.Bachelor of Business Management (BBM)-
3-year undergraduate degree course. The only difference from BBA is that this course offers Leadership Management/HR. Management/Cultural Education. Some good colleges which offer this course are:-
- Christ University
- Madras Christian College
- NMIMS Mumbai
- Amity International Business School
7. Hotel Management Courses – courses after 12th commerce
Who isn’t familiar with these course made famous by Bollywood movies like “Style” starring Sahil Khan. From government sector to private sector, it offers ample opportunities to students. It varies for a time period of 3-5 years and works for the students who are interested in hospitality.
8. Journalism and Mass Communication – courses after 12th commerce
Jobs in various media houses like in print, as well as digital media, can be obtained after pursuing this course. This course is of 3 years and is easily offered in most of the commerce colleges and universities. This course guarantee’s great knowledge and experience through current economic trends.
The following are some of the best colleges in India:
• Sri Ram College of Commerce(SRCC)
Situated in Delhi, it is one of the top-rated colleges for undergraduate and post-graduate programs in Commerce. It has high cut-offs and therefore is a dream for the brightest of the students. Somme of the courses offered is BCOM (Honors), MCOM and Post Graduate Diploma in Global Business Operations.
• Loyola College
Being one of the most reputed colleges and situated in the southern part on India; Chennai, it is one of the most opted colleges of commerce students and offers various courses in different fields like arts, science, and commerce.
• Christ University
BCOM is one of the flagship courses in Christ University.It is located in Bangalore. From autonomous college to university, it has shaped the future of many commerce students through its excellent facilities and teachings.
• University of Delhi
• Madras Christian College
• Narsee Monjee College
• St. Xavier’s College Mumbai
These were some of the most acclaimed colleges but there are many more waiting for young commerce aspirants who want to be at the top of the management and finance domains. Commerce field also offers admissions in these institutes through various competitive exams and these exams not only give seats in reputed colleges but are also a door for various government jobs.
Some of the competitive exams after 12th commerce are as follows:
- 1. CS-ICSI Company Secretaries- Usually conducted in the months of May and November every year, this exam gives the entry for full-time courses in this course.
- 2. ICMAI Cost Accountant- It is one of the renowned entrance exams in the same field.
- 3. Patna Women’s College B.Com Entrance Exam (PUCET) – Patna’s Women’s College conducts this exam yearly. It is one of the most sought-after colleges by female commerce students.
- 4. St. Xavier’s Entrance Exam – through this entrance exam St. Xavier’s Mumbai admit students into BMM and BMS courses.
- 5. Christ University BBA Entrance Exams – Christ University is a renowned university and through this exam, it admits students into BBA course.
- 6. NMIMS Program after 12th (NPAT) – conducted by NMIMS to allow entry to various courses after 12th.