AKTU has postponed the exams scheduled on 23rd and 24th December till further notice. Check the notification here.
|Odd Semester Datesheet||Check the link here|
History of AKTU
AKTU(Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University) was earlier know as UPTU(Uttar Pradesh Technical University). It was established in the year 2000 on May 8. On Sept 18, 2015, the university was officially named AKTU.
Earlier the university was located on the campus of IET Lucknow. But now it has moved to Jankipuram, Lucknow.
Number of Colleges affiliated to AKTU
As per its official website, 756 colleges are affiliated to it. However, Wikipedia claims that there are more than 800 colleges which are affiliated to AKTU. AKTU is the state technical university for the state of Uttar With more than 800 colleges affiliated to it, the AKTU is the largest technical university in the country.
Popular Courses Offered
Do you know you can earn lakhs by working from home?
AKTU conducts UPSEE to admit students to various courses offered. It is a yearly exam. AKTU mostly conducts the exam in the month of April. You can read details about exam such as eligibility, test pattern, previous papers, etc. in the article Details about UPSEE.
Two types of reservations are applicable. 1. Vertical and 2. Horizontal. Total vertical reservation is 50% and horizontal reservation is 30% but still, the total reservation is not 80%. We have discussed in detail about reservation in the article Detailed explanation of Reservation of seats.
Generally, AKTU conducts four rounds of counseling. The counseling is a long process. In 2019 the first round started in the fourth week of June however the last round finished on 14th August. Details of the counseling with dates are available in the article Understanding counseling rules and schedule.
Is AKTU worth doing B.Tech?
This is the most asked question. You can judge a college in many aspects. But the most important is the quality of education and the placement it provides to students. Many alumni have bagged jobs in the leading MNCs all across the world. We reached out to some of the pass outs of AKTU and discussed the feedback.
Sheroo completed his B.Tech from GLA Mathura(then affiliated to UPTU/AKTU) and came to Bangalore for a job search. We reached out to him to discuss the role AKTU has played in his career. Sheroo says that he started his career with a package of 2.5 LPA in 2011. He says college plays a major role in shaping your attitude. The experience which you get while doing the course(B.Tech in his case) is unmatchable. It teaches you to fight the difficulties head-on. Sheroo is now well settled in Dublin. Read more about him in this article.
Similarly, Rahul did his B.tech from ABES Gaziabad(affiliated to UPTU/AKTU) but started his career as a Recruitment specialist. He worked his way out and by now he has scaled his yearly package to more than 30 LPA and he is into the Talent Acquisition team of a reputed media house. We spoke to Rahul and he says that college is like a machine which refines you into a man who is mature and tough than ever before. He says that he could not get campus placement like his friends. However, he kept on fighting and finally made his way to success. He says that he took an education loan to complete his graduation and now owns a house and a car and has a good package. This is all because of his college. Read more about Rahul here.
Ankit joined Infosys in 2011 after completing his B.Tech. Ankit left Infosys in 2015 and never looked back again. He planned and crafted his career in such a way that neither the learning stops nor the good increment. He has scaled from 4.5 LPA to more than 20 LPA in just the past three years.
To read in detail about these stories and many more check out here
We reached out to these alumni to understand their career journey after completing B.Tech from AKTU. There are so many alumni of AKTU who work in world-renowned organizations such as Amazon, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, TCS, Tata Motors, Reliance, etc.