One of the most effective ways of earning online is through selling things online. You can start an Online Store in which you can sell e-books, courses or you can even sell products which you can ship through various agencies. Let us discuss and understand the details of an Online store in more depth.
Sell E-Books and Courses
The most painful part of opening a store is that you have to have an inventory and besides that, you would need someone to ship your products to longer distances. The easiest solution to these problems is to sell only those stuff which your customers can download online. This way you can reduce all the expenditures incurred in inventory and shipment management.
You can create an E-Book or can create a video/audio/text course and sell them on your online store.
How to create an E-Book?
This is a 4-step process.
- Create an awesome E-Book on a well-researched topic. You can convert some of your most popular articles into an E-Book or even create entirely fresh content for your E-Book.
- Next step is to give it an awesome front page. Which you can create on Canva.
- Upload the E-Book(mostly PDF) to your media library
- You can add the E-Book as a thumbnail in your Blog. The thumbnail shows the first page of E-Book. On clicking which the user can download the book.
Click on the below image if you want your E-Book to appear as a below professional-looking 3-D image.
How to Create a Course?
This is also a 3 step process.
- Research and plan the topic. Decide whether you want to create a video or audio or a simple text (word/pdf) course.
- If you want to create a video tutorial you can use Camtasia or Screencast-o-Matic.
- Upload the link of the course on your Blog.
This is the course I created using screencast-o-matic on How to Start a Blog.
Start an Online Store with Dropshipping
Do you want to sell products online but not sure how to ship them? Then there is a solution to this problem and it is popularly known as Dropshipping.
Dropshipping helps you assign the sold product to the supplier. The supplier will ship the product to the customer. Dropshipping makes the entire process very simple and takes the issues of inventory and shipment away from the retailer(you).
How does it work?
- You(Retailer) can join the one of the Dropshippers.
- Get the product form Dropshippers
- Put it on your online store for sale
- Once sold let the drop shipper know about it so that the product can be shipped.
Most popular Dropshippers in India
- Coorgle Dropshipping
WooCommerce or Shopify?
WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin. If you already have a WordPress website then you can install it and get started with your store. WooCommerce offers various extensions and enhancements which helps you configure drop shipping details as well. WooCommerce is cost-effective, more customizable.
Shopify is a standalone platform which offers various solutions for online stores. You do not need to have your own website if you are dealing with Shopify. You can create a store on their platform and start selling products immediately. Shopify is easy to use. Shopify is as good as WooCommerce for Dropshipping.