The Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam(UPSEE-2019) is conducted, controlled as well as supervised by the Central Admission Board(CAB) which is headed by Vice-Chancellor of AKTU. The AKTU university is the official University of the most populous state in the country. A report published on Times of India on Aug 3, 2017, stated that AKTU(UPTU) has approximately 584 colleges affiliated to it. AKTU has not only conducted entrance exams successfully but also CAB in AKTU has managed the affairs diligently. Moreover, more than 1.4 lakh students participated in UPSEE-2018. While there are 584 colleges affiliated to the AKTU there are some very good institutes such as HBTI, Kanpur and IET, Lucknow amongst them.
We will update this section as soon as there is any notification from the AKTU for UPSEE-2019
Steps to Register
- The application can be made at UPSEE Official Website
- The first step is to Register
- Secondly, upload the scanned images of photograph and signature
- Lastly, pay the exam fees and print the Confirmation page.
- The fees for Male/Transgender candidates of General and OBC candidates is –> Rs 1300/-
- The fees for Female/SC-ST/PH candidates of all category is –> Rs 650/-
Schedule of Exam
- Students can apply to UPSEE-2019 online tentatively from 3rd week of January-19 till mid of March-19
- UPSEE will declare results in the first week of June
- Students are notified through advertisements in various newspapers and notification in official UPSEE website. Counselling mostly starts in the last week of June.
- Every correct answer carries 4 marks
- No negative marking
- 50 questions each in Physics, Chemistry and Maths/Biology
- Total duration is 3 hours
- The test is OMR based
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying exam from any institution located in UP
- Candidates whose either parent has domicile of UP
- Note- only 10% of total seats will be opened for students from other states
- No age limit to appear in UPSEE-2019
- Foreign Nationals – For candidates who are FN/PIO/CIWGC are eligible for the admission as specified by the ACITE. Candidates taking admission under this scheme need not appear in UPSEE-2019
- Mandatory Subjects –
- Minimum 45% in aggregate without grace marks for the General and 40% in aggregate for SC/ST
Click the link -> Syllabus for UPSEE 2019 UPSEE Syllabus
Top Participating Institutes
There are many good institutes but below are the top 5 participating Institutes:-
- HBTI, Kanpur
- IET, Lucknow
- KNIT, Sultanpur
- BIET, Jhansi
- JSS, Noida
- Is the report cards with grades but without percentage acceptable?
No, candidates need to get the equivalent percentage report card of the qualifying/entrance exam from their university.
- What is the reservation percentage in the Entrance Exam
- Vertical Reservation
– Scheduled Castes from UP – 21%
– Scheduled Tribes from U.P – 02%
– Other Backward Class from U.P – 27%
- Horizontal Reservation
– Dependents from Freedom Fighters from U.P – 02%
– Sons / Daughters of defense personnel of U.P. either retired (superannuated) or killed / disabled
in action or defense personnel posted in U.P./defense personnel domicile of U.P. & posted outside
U.P. – 05%
– Physically Handicapped / Disabled from U.P – 03%
– Female from U.P – 20%
- Rural Weightage – 3% of the total marks will be awarded
Moreover, AKTU offers student admission to some of the very good colleges. Not only these colleges are instrumental in getting good offers to students but also they help students in personality development etc.