AKTU conducts UPSEE. This is a yearly exam and AKTU conducts it to intake students into different programs. In this article let us talk about various aspects of this exam. Let us try to understand details such as Test Pattern and Eligibility. You can access previous years question papers and syllabus as well.
- Every correct answer carries – 4 marks
- Every wrong answer carries – no negative marks
- Each section Physics, Chemistry/Maths has – 50 questions each
- Total time allotted for the paper – 3 hours
- Mode of exam – Offline
You must have the below mandatory and optional subject combination.
|Course||Compulsory Subject||One of the optional subject|
|B.Tech||Physics and Mathematics||Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Biology/Technical Vocational Subject|
Admission to B.Tech first year
You can get admission to B.Tech first year in a college affiliated to AKTU only if:-
– You passed the qualifying examination(10+2) with minimum 45% marks in aggregate,
– If you come from SC/ST category then minimum marks you need to score is 40% in aggregate
– If you are eligible for B.Tech then you are also eligible for B.Tech Agriculture
Eligibility for NRI Quota in First Year
– NRIs can get admission to 5% seats of total intake in State-Funded and Private Institutions of Uttar Pradesh
– If you are an NRI then you do not need to appear in UPSEE,
– You should have passed the qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics from an institution outside India or have passed High School Certificate Education Exam with Physics, Chemistry and Higher Mathematics(a) from London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka.
– Or you should have appeared in the SAT II exam with Mathematics level 2 c, Physics, and Chemistry
– If you are son/daughter/real brother/real sister of an NRI then you can apply for the leftover seat of NRI quota. But you should have passed the qualifying exam with a minimum of 60%(55% for SC/ST) in each of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics from an institute in India
Eligibility for Foreign Nationals(FN)/Persons of Indian Origin(PIO)/Children of Indian Workers in Gulf(CIWGC) in First Year
1. You should have passed the qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, which is considered equivalent to (10+2) examination by the Association of Indian Universities.
2. You should submit a copy of passport or equivalent evidence in support of your Nationality.
Eligibility for Management Quota
– AKTU has reserved 15% of the total seat for Management Quota,
– University will follow below preference for Management Quota seat –
- Those students who have qualified JEE-Main and had Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in the qualifying exam will have first preference,
- Those students who have qualified JEE-Main and had Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in the qualifying exam will have next preference
- Thirdly those students who have qualified in any of the qualifying exams laid down by AICTE
Click the link -> Syllabus for UPSEE 2019 Syllabus
Click on below links to download the previous years’ UPSEE paper:-